Debris Containment & Floating Security Barriers
This extra heavy-duty permanent boom is designed to assist in deflecting floating debris & ice away from areas that typically experience extreme congestion from floating objects. The Mk DB has been especially effective in front of fresh water intakes to power plants, as well as in front of sensitive pier structures.
Debris Barrier System on the CT River holding back logs from going into intakes
Debris Boom System on Cumberland River Kentucky
- Flotation: 24" (61cm) long x 10.5"(27 cm) high Solid Molded Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam or Fiberglass Shell with Urethane foam filled with UV Inhibitors and Anti-Oxidants Incorporated for Durability.
- Fabric: 175 oz./sq. yd. PVC coated Belting Material
- Freeboard: 8" to 12" above Water Surface
- Draft: 16" to 36" below Water Surface
- Ballast: 2 lbs. per foot of lead ballast weights securely riveted along the bottom edge.
- Connectors: "Z" Type Quick Latch, Slickhitch to ASTM F-962 Standard with 3/8" Self-locking Toggle Pin and lanyard
- Extra Corrosion Protection: Hard Coat Sulfuric Anodized (per MIL Spec #: MIL-A-8625, Type II, Class 1) Aluminum
- Color: Flotation is International Orange with Orange Fabric
- Section: Standard 50 or 100 foot lengths
- Weight: 6 to 10 lbs./ft.
The Force Protection Security Boom is a SLICKBAR Mk 8 Permanent Boom utilized as a deterent to unauthorized boats and vessels from approaching high security.
Permanent Force Protection Boom close up
|Floatation||24" (61cm) long x 10.5"(27 cm) high Solid Molded Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam|
|Fabric||80 oz./sq. yd. (2,712 g/sq.m) woven polyester belting "Dip Impregnated" with a 100% PTMEG Urethane coating.|
|Freeboard||8" (20 cm) above Water Surface|
|Draft||16" (40 cm) below Water Surface|
|Connectors||"Z" Type Quick Latch, Slickhitch to ASTM F-962 Standard with 3/8" (10 mm) Self-locking Toggle Pin and lanyard|
|Color||Flotation is Yellow or International Orange with Orange Fabric|
City of Erie Pennsylvania Debris Boom
Alabama Power Debris Boom
Debris Boom In-Take, Lake Whitney, Hamden, CT USA
Mk Debris Boom deflecting debris into Trash Rack Collection System on Cumberland River in Kentucky.